Coupled up Dancing With The Stars' Laura Nolan didn't expect to find love with Matthew MacNabb
The pair confirmed their romance after weeks of speculation
Dancing With The Stars Laura Nolan has said that she didn't expect to find romance with her celebrity dance partner Matthew MacNabb.
The pair confirmed their romance on Sunday night.
It comes following weeks of speculation that the pair, who were eliminated from the RTE dance competition during the show’s semi-final on Sunday night, were dating.
"We're dating. She's my 'secret girlfriend’,” Matthew told RSVP Live.
"We've been dating for the past month or two, and it's all good."
The pair sealed the deal with a kiss at the end of the show: "It's a new dance move," Matthew said, while Laura added with a laugh: "It's called the kiss and tell!"
Following the show, Laura said that she did not expect to fall for the Love Island hunk.
“Absolutely not. You come into the show and you’re thinking about the dancing, the partner you’ve been given and how you can improve them.”
“You’re thinking about week on week, how you can progress and move forward in dancing, that’s your main priority,” she said.
“But it just happened that me and Matthew got on so well, so it was pretty natural to be honest.”
“I never overthought anything, it wasn’t something I predicted to happen, but it just naturally happened.”
Nolan said that even though they were dating they worked really hard on their dance routines.
“It didn’t hinder anything,” she said.
“In fact, it probably helped because we got on so well.”
Nolan said that falling for Matthew, who found fame on ITV dating show Love Island, was very organic.
“Each week we were just focusing on the next dance and pushing through it,” she said.
“In the meantime we just happened to really enjoy each other’s company and get on very well, so it was just very natural.”
She revealed that the pair have plans to travel to California where Matthew previously lived for two years.
“I’m going away with Matt and then I’ll be coming back here to teach in Dublin.”
“Also, I have a few different shows in the pipeline that I can’t talk about at the moment, but once I can I will reveal all.”
The pair were eliminated a week before the show’s finale but Laura said they’re happy they get to celebrate their romance.
“We’re upset that we didn’t cross that final hurdle to the final but at the same time it's more of a celebration of our journey on the show.”
“I couldn’t be anything but happy, even when we got knocked out. Matthew deserved to be there, so for me it’s a celebration rather than a commiseration.”
- 'The Hurler' director says he kept filming with a concussion during scene with Marty Morrissey
- John Compton on life as a model, owning an agency, being wiped out in crash and fighting back
- Bride-to-be Bonnie Ryan lands in Italy with fiancé John ahead of wedding day
- Conor McGregor wears daring purple satin jacket to Cannes Film Festival bash
- Saoirse Ronan and Dua Lipa tipped to star in Barbie movie with Margot Robbie
- Three men quizzed by detectives following major drug seizure in East Belfast
- Man held over violent gun raid at Irish jewellery store
- Kevin De Bruyne and Phil Foden win Premier League player of season awards
- Home of mother of murdered drug dealer James Whelan hit in early morning firebombing
- Saoirse Ronan is back in black for Cannes red carpet with boyfriend Jack Lowden