show stopper Dancing with the Stars favourite Nina Carberry reveals who her biggest competition is
'I am learning the Salsa would say this is the toughest routine yet actually especially in terms of stamina', she said
Champion jockey Nina Carberry has revealed who her biggest competition is on Dancing with the Stars.
The former jockey, is currently 2/1 to win the RTE show.
Speaking exclusively to Ladbrokes she opened up about her most recent performance.
“I was happy with my Cha-Cha last weekend and thought I scored well. It was very technical for me and in terms of how hard I thought it was to learn, I was delighted with how it went.
“However, there were some really strong performances through the whole show."
“Jordan Conroy did an amazing paso doble, Erica Cody did a brilliant Rumba, and Ellen Keane also performed so well. It’s very tough in terms of competition,” she admitted.
Erica Cody is the second favourite to win at 9/4, Ellen Keane is third favourite with odds of 9/2 and Jordan Conroy is 5/1.
Opening up about her time on the show, Carberry said her upcoming routine has been hard.
“This week it has been a fairly hectic routine and it’s been hard on the body. I am learning the Salsa would say this is the toughest routine yet actually especially in terms of stamina,” she said.
“It’s so quick and it’s my first lifts with Pasquale so it’s hard practising it every day. You have to be fit! Luckily we haven’t had any falls but there is one lift that is quite challenging. I am just hoping it all comes together.”
“I don’t think I am the easiest to teach because I can get distracted, so I can understand if Pasquale gets frustrated with me but there is never any tension with us,” she added.
“He just wants the best out of me. It can be hard to concentrate when my days are so busy but I am getting there and learning to focus. It is good for the mind and I am enjoying it.”
Nina said she is very looking forward to taking to the dancefloor this weekend to dedicate her dance to her two daughters.
“I am dedicating my dance to my two girls because all I ever wanted was a family and for them to come along is just a dream come true.”
“The song is one I played for them last year when we were heading to the beach and it is a song they associate with fun,” she explained.
“There will be nobody eliminated but we can earn immunity if we score high. It’s another element to the competition and obviously we all want to be immune.
“I will perform as best as I can but you can only do so much in a week at the same time.”
- John Compton on life as a model, owning an agency, being wiped out in crash and fighting back
- Bride-to-be Bonnie Ryan lands in Italy with fiancé John ahead of wedding day
- Conor McGregor wears daring purple satin jacket to Cannes Film Festival bash
- Saoirse Ronan and Dua Lipa tipped to star in Barbie movie with Margot Robbie
- Toy Show star Saoirse Ruane 'recovering' after successful tumour removal surgery
- What time, channel, team news and all you need to know about Man City v Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp with a warning to Man City as Premier League title race reaches conclusion
- Tennis plunged into civil war as ranking points are stripped from Wimbledon over Russia ban
- Fernandinho ‘really proud’ of achievements as he prepares for City swansong
- No hangover next season if Arsenal miss out on Champions League – Mikel Arteta