| 18.5°C Dublin

Hearing Conor McGregor faces court for woman’s multi-million euro personal injury claim against him

As well as leaving home and moving out of the area, the woman is claiming loss of current and future earnings

Close

McGregor faces court action

McGregor faces court action

McGregor faces court action

Conor McGregor is facing his first court hearing for a woman’s personal injury claim against him later this year.

After months of delay due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the first civil case is due to get under way at Dublin’s High Court.

It has been reported that the woman making the multi-million euro claim is applying for a court order seeking gardai to hand over all evidence from a previous criminal investigation into McGregor.

The Director of Public Prosecutions did not press ahead with any charges against the 33-year-old UFC star in that particular investigation but it is understood the woman believes gardai will not object to her request for the file.

This will include all details of the original Garda investigation, including CCTV footage, witness statements and anything else relevant to the original probe.

These details would be used by the woman in her case against The Notorious in which she claims to have suffered a personal injury from an alleged incident in 2018.

As well as leaving home and moving out of the area, the woman is claiming loss of current and future earnings.

McGregor has previously described the woman’s claims as “old news” and stated that he was cleared of any wrongdoing.

In January, he said: “It was investigated thoroughly over two long years and I was cleared of any wrongdoing and that’s it.”

A previous statement from his spokesperson Karen J Kessler added: “Mr McGregor will dispute any claims and is confident that justice will prevail.”

The woman, whose mother is also taking a civil action against the fighter, isn’t seeking a settlement.

Sunday World Newsletter

Sign up for the latest news and updates

This field is required This field is required

But is has been suggested she could be awarded far in excess of her claim – with some sources saying it could be in the region of €2m - for what she says was “aggravated pain and suffering” caused by her alleged personal injury – as well as punitive damages – if she wins her case.

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices


Privacy