Aisle Take It Bonnie Ryan says yes to dress ahead of fairytale Italian wedding
The influencer is gearing up for her main wedding celebration: a church wedding in Italy at the end of May with her friends and family
Bonnie Ryan has said yes to the dress ahead of her dream Italian wedding with her longtime partner John Greenhalgh.
The couple, who have been together since they were teenagers, legally tied the knot back in March in a small civil ceremony in Dublin.
The beautiful bride opted for a chic white suit by British designer Nadine Merabi on the day.
Bonnie (29), John, and their guests enjoyed some cocktails after the ceremony at the five-star Merrion Hotel followed by a lavish dinner at The Ivy on Dawson Street.
Now, the influencer is gearing up for her main wedding celebration: a church wedding in Italy at the end of May with her friends and family in tow, which the Sunday World revealed back in March.
Bonnie's sister Lottie is taking on the role as matron of honour, while her other sister Babs and a close friend will be bridesmaids.
As the big day approaches, Bonnie, whose father was legendary broadcaster Gerry Ryan, has been sharing insights into her wedding preparations on social media over the past few weeks.
Taking to Instagram on Wednesday, the Dubliner revealed that she’d picked up the gown she'll walk down the aisle in after getting the final alterations done.
While she didn’t give away what the dress looked like, she shared that she picked it up in Bridal by Tamem Michael in Ballymount, Dublin 24.
Posting a photo of some Polaroids that show her beaming while holding up the dress in a protective bag, Bonnie wrote: “Got the dress!! Special day. Getting close….” and added emojis of a church and a blushing bride.
Bonnie also revealed that her mum Morah, godmother Paula, and her “gorgeous nana” accompanied her while she shopped for the perfect frock.
“My gorgeous nana came to see me in my dress today while I took it home – she can’t make my wedding, [it] was important she got to see me in it,” she said.
Bonnie and John got engaged back in November 2019 after he popped the question while they were on a romantic trip to New York.
Bonnie previously said she was frustrated about the postponement of her Italian wedding but is now excited about the prospect of it finally coming together.
“We are allowed to see people again and actually do things so I feel like I am getting that buzz again,” she told RSVP magazine.
She added: “It is special to be excited over everything that goes with a wedding day once again, especially after such disappointment.
“The celebration is getting a new lease of life, which is nice.”
- 98FM star Suzanne Kane doesn’t take things 'for granted' after being let go while pregnant
- Conor McGregor gushes over 'beautiful' and 'iconic' Kylie Minogue at Elvis premiere
- Elaine Crowley admits not having kids wasn't a 'conscious decision'
- Vogue Williams says having more than 4 kids is 'weird'
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- First case of monkeypox virus has been confirmed in east of Ireland
- Scorcher of a day forecast by Met Éireann as temperatures to hit 21C
- Four men and one woman quizzed after €643,000 drugs seized in Clare and Limerick
- Chelsea confirm agreement to sell the club to US magnate Todd Boehly in £4.25billion deal
- Dubliner Nuala McGovern gets role broadcasting to millions as the face of BBC World Service