'difficult decision' Comedian Alan Carr and husband Paul Drayton announce their split
The couple wed in 2018 after10 years together
Alan Carr and his husband Paul Drayton have announced that they are set to divorce.
In a statement to PA news agency, a spokesperson said: "After 13 years as a couple and three years of marriage, Alan Carr and Paul Drayton would like to announce they are separating.
"They have jointly and amicably made the difficult decision to divorce and go their separate ways.
"We request that their privacy is respected at this sensitive time."
The couple wed in Los Angeles in 2018 after 10 years together, in a ceremony organised by singer Adele.
Speaking on The One Show, Alan said of her involvement in their big day: "We’ve known her for ages, and when we told her we were getting married she said, 'Can I please plan the whole day for you?'
"She did it all at her house. So, we got in there, and there was a grand piano with a man playing Ordinary People.
"Then she sang with our first dance, it was absolutely amazing. I can never repay her, she’s a one-off as we all know."
2021 was a tumultuous year for the couple as in December it was revealed that Paul was set to undergo a life saving operation.
Taking to social media he shared: “I have a chronic subdural hematoma. They have to drill two small holes to drain it. Hopefully in the next few days.”
In November, Paul, who is a recovering alcoholic, appeared in court after a drink-driving incident in October in which he allegedly almost hit a woman pushing a pram.
He was also alleged to have reversed his 4x4 into a police car as he was driving over four times the legal limit, an allegation which he denies.
According to The Sun, prosecutors claim that Drayton was seen “swerving from one side of the road to the other” near his home in West Sussex before he was stopped.
He was released on bail and is set to be sentenced this month.
- Rihanna and ASAP Rocky welcome baby boy, according to reports
- Coleen and Wayne Rooney miss last day of 'Wagatha Christie' trial to go on holiday
- What are the legal issues in the Rebekah Vardy v Coleen Rooney libel battle?
- Chariots Of Fire composer Vangelis dies aged 79
- Bride-to-be Bonnie Ryan lands in Italy with fiancé John ahead of wedding day
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship