Big Shot Tyson Fury takes jab at Conor McGregor, says he was a good fighter 'in the past'
The Gypsy King took a quick jab at McGregor for losing three out of his last four fights
Tyson Fury has aimed a dig at Conor McGregor by implying the Dubliner isn't as good a fighter as he used to be.
The Gypsy King praised McGregor for earning well during his UFC career, but took a quick jab at the fact that he lost three out of his last four fights.
Speaking to Queensberry Promotions, Fury said: “I think he’s alright. He’s a good fighter, isn’t he? Or, well, he has been a good fighter in the past. It is what it is. Man’s doing his thing, earning a few quid, paying for his family. Can’t complain, can you?”
He then said that his recent Twitter feud with the Crumlin native was “pretty good” publicity for the pair.
“Yeah that was Super Bowl weekend, a great time to get some publicity. Great timing, actually. We were trending all over Instagram, Twitter, Facebook. Pretty good, pretty good work,” the WBC heavyweight champion said.
Their spat came after McGregor hit out at Fury when he shared a photo of McGregor’s rival Khabib Nurmagomedov and praised him for doing his career “right” by retiring on a high.
He said: “This man did it right. Got in & won & got out on top. Big respect.”
McGregor, who was defeated by Khabib in 2018, shot back at the Englishman for not stepping in when Billy Joe Saunders’ dad was shoved by security at the Canelo Alvarez fight last year.
“Yup the Joyces. Big Joe! U bottled it with Billy joe Da, what were you doing there?” the 33-year-old said in a now deleted tweet.
“U Left him, Versace t*** U.Done.Nothing. Ya's did it right ye right hahahahaaj. Even when I'm wrong i'm right. Who did it right? The Mac daddy tonight, in house. Miami d12! Bahamas #skyjuice”
But in response, Fury said: “Come back when u win a fight mush, & the difference in me & you is i don’t get myself in trouble & people actually like me, your just a bully who hit old man.”
McGregor then replied: "Oh no people don’t like me what will I ever do hahahahaaha idiot.
“You are just a little r** licker bro. That's all. You stood there while your friends father was being attacked and done nothing.”
Fury didn't respond to this tweet, and later McGregor tweeted a clip of Fury heaping praise on the former UFC champion which appeared to have put an end to the feud.
“It's all good, we forget it,” tweeted McGregor. “Fair play Tyson. God bless ya mate.”
- Peter Andre criticises how Rebekah Vardy's 'chipolata' manhood jibe keeps coming up
- Dubliner Dermot Kennedy misses home while touring but will never Facetime his mammy
- Tickets for Bruce Springsteen's three Dublin shows sell out within minutes
- Dear Evan Hansen announces date of final West End performance
- 98FM star Suzanne Kane doesn’t take things 'for granted' after being let go while pregnant
- Dubliner Nuala McGovern gets role broadcasting to millions as the face of BBC World Service
- Chelsea confirm agreement to sell the club to Todd Boehly
- Garda hi-viz vest seized during raid targeting drugs gang in Co Derry
- Supporter (53) fined for vile homophobic chanting towards Chelsea fans
- Man (26) died after getting Covid jab following out-of-date advice at vaccine hub