Gil-sun Glenda Gilson soaks up the rays on sunny trip to Portugal
The model is pictured in a bikini posing on a balcony in an apartment at the 5-star Martinhal Family Hotels & Resorts
Glenda Gilson has been soaking up the rays on yet another trip away, this time to Portugal where she said the “sun is shining, the weather is sweet,” in a new Instagram post.
The model is pictured in a bikini posing on a balcony in an apartment at the Martinhal Family Hotels & Resorts which is a favourite with Irish families.
Just last week Glenda shared a picture with husband Rob Macnaughton in Spain where they were enjoying hot weather and blue skies in Playa Blanca in Lanzarote for the Easter break.
This was the second holiday for the family this year, after Glenda and her boys spent time in Dubai in February.
As Glenda and Rob cuddled up for some selfies in the 23C heat other pictures showed their two sons Bobby and Danny having fun at the pool and on trips to the beach.
Last October Glenda announced on social media that she was leaving Virgin Media after 14 years, closing a long successful chapter of the popular Dubliner’s life.
Having started out as a part time model before becoming Ireland’s biggest name in the business she seamlessly sashayed into TV and has cemented her status among Ireland’s TV elite.
“I have been a model, a TV presenter and a designer. Those jobs can come and go. But I will always be a mum. And that’s my proudest achievement and most important title,” she said while preparing for a shoot with Sunday World’s Magazine+
“I modelled and then got asked to work on Bubble Hits, which was a 24-hour station, which got me a job covering maternity leave at Virgin Media.
“I then ended up working there for 14 years working with amazing people and doing amazing things. I loved it. But it had to come to an end at some point.
“Between those years and my modelling I have been in front of the camera for over two decades. So, I won’t be going away just yet. I have a few things on the go and we will see what happens.
“I’m very happy at the moment. I am healthy and well and I’ve a gorgeous family who are also healthy and well. We had some scary times during the pandemic, but we are all through it now feeling very happy with ourselves.
“Being on maternity leave and then going into the pandemic meant that I got loads of time with my boys. It was a complete blessing. I don’t want to go on about it because I am well aware that there was so much hardship in Ireland, but we were very lucky. I got to spend time with my boys. And Rob’s [waste management] business did well too.
“I am so proud to be a mum. I just take each day one at a time. Some days are great while other days can be a real struggle, but all parents go through that. You don’t prepare yourself for the guilt you feel about a lot of things."
- Rihanna and ASAP Rocky welcome baby boy, according to reports
- Coleen and Wayne Rooney miss last day of 'Wagatha Christie' trial to go on holiday
- What are the legal issues in the Rebekah Vardy v Coleen Rooney libel battle?
- Chariots Of Fire composer Vangelis dies aged 79
- Bride-to-be Bonnie Ryan lands in Italy with fiancé John ahead of wedding day
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship