Former Scottish Tory leader Baroness Davidson ‘excited’ by new radio show
Baroness Davidson will be hosting a weekly show on Times Radio, the station announced.
Former Scottish Tory leader Baroness Davidson has told how her new job hosting a live radio show “feels like coming home”.
The former MSP, who now sits in the House of Lords, has been announced as the presenter of Times Radio’s Friday afternoon show.
Before entering politics, Baroness Davidson worked as a journalist and said she was “very excited about combining my two great loves, politics and live broadcasting” in the programme, which will “take a deep look at the big political issues of the week”.
The Conservative is taking over the slot previously hosted by Giles Coren, with her first show due to air on February 18.
Tweeting about the move, she said: “I was a journalist and broadcaster for over a decade before I entered politics, so coming back to live radio feels like coming home.
“Looking forward to Friday afternoons immensely and thank you to @TimesRadio for this brilliant opportunity.”
She went on to state: “Times Radio is only 18 months old but has already established itself as a must-listen destination for politicians and voters of every hue.
“Its mantra of conversation not confrontation is an incredibly important one in our polarised times. I’m very excited about combining my two great loves, politics and live broadcasting, for a new show which will take a deep look at the big political issues of the week, as well as anticipating what the weekend has in store.”
Times Radio programme director Tim Levell said: “Ruth is well-known as one of the most liked and respected politicians of her generation. Now Times Radio listeners have a chance to hear what a great live radio broadcaster she is.
“Ruth will dive into politics, as they’d expect, but also culture, entertainment and sport – plus all the breaking news of the day. Ruth’s take on the world is a perfect fit for Times Radio.”
- Ray Liotta's fiancée says he was 'her world' in heartfelt tribute on Instagram
- Conor McGregor grins for camera with Michael Schumacher's son ahead of Monaco Grand Prix
- Lisa McHugh shares photos of ex Nathan Carter with her baby son in birthday post
- Vogue Williams reveals how she and Brian McFadden divided up all their possessions
- Peter Andre criticises how Rebekah Vardy's 'chipolata' manhood jibe keeps coming up
- Horse racing legend Lester Piggott dead, aged 86
- Liverpool demand investigation after fans tear gassed at Champions League final
- Tell family where missing woman Sandra Collins is buried — retired garda pleas
- Daughter of refugee hit by Derek Hutch's motorbike asks for prayers for injured mum
- Grape Spy: Jean Smullen