My Country Life - Episode 3: Cliona Hagan
Country star Cliona Hagan is Ireland’s answer to Dolly Parton.
As she gets set to launch a tribute concert tour to her idol, Cliona talks about the impact the American country legend has had on her career.
Cliona also tells us about the other influential and supportive women who have helped to shape her life - her mum Claire and late grandmother ‘Granny McCuskey.’
She recalls her very first TV appearance as a 12-year-oldschoolgirl singing on The Late Late Toy Show.
And she reveals how Majella O’Donnell encouraged her to become a country singer while mentoring her on a TV show.
Cliona also tells how she found love with Irish musician Simon Sheerin – and recalls his romantic lakeside proposal.
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion Why are people who backed the GAA's split season now totally against it?
- 98FM star Suzanne Kane doesn’t take things 'for granted' after being let go while pregnant
- Revealed: Face of 'Deli Mob' enforcer who was hired to blind victims with acid
- Amber Heard's 'wild' claims are a 'profound cruelty' to real survivors, court hears
- Kinahan cartel criminal admits role in feud murder of Noel 'Duck Egg' Kirwan