My Country Life - Episode 2: Daniel O'Donnell, part two
Irish country music superstar Daniel O’Donnell has lived a charmed life, achieving fame and wealth beyond anything he ever imagined in a glittering career spanning 40 years.
However, as he revealed in part one of his interview with My Country Life, success didn’t come easy. The boy from Donegal had a tough struggle along his journey – once playing with his band to an audience of just six people!
Here in part two, Daniel takes up the story as his career finally takes off in 1986 and he goes on to perform in some of the world’s most iconic venues.
He recalls the breakdown of his health and his return to the spotlight in 1992.
He tells of his friendship with personal idols including Loretta Lynn and Cliff Richard.
And he talks about his love for Majella, their happy life together – and how being a grandad has been the greatest joy of all.
- Revealed: Faces of Irish roof scammers who conned elderly Australians out of $434k
- The top 10 moments of the Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney libel trial so far
- Woman left disabled after allegedly contracting disease from parrot secures further €1m payout
- Gisele ‘takes the reins’ when it comes to parenting with husband Tom Brady
- Belfast man who raped woman he met on Tinder in her home handed seven-year sentence