crime world Episode 95: My ordinary 'Old Man' - the UK super-criminal
Jason Wilson thought he had a regular dad, but by the time he was a teenager his 'Old Man' was well on the way to becoming one of the UK’s most wanted gangsters
AS a child Jason Wilson thought he had a regular dad, but by the time he was a teenager his 'Old Man' was well on the way to becoming one of the UK’s most wanted criminals.
From his beginnings as a successful businessman, Tony Shipley, who later changed his name to Tony Spencer, had a driving ambition to become rich and to beat the system to get there. But during his career robbing banks, counterfeiting cash and eventually becoming a prolific drug smuggler, the big one always evaded him.
In his new book, ‘The Old Man and Me’, Jason details an incredible journey into the underworld of the Netherlands and Spain, where his father sourced drugs, mixed with some of the biggest names in organised crime and finally came a cropper of his own success.
Jason tells Nicola Tallant the incredible story of his father and their relationship, which endured long stints in prison, selfish ambition and a miraculous assassination attempt.
- Episode 109 - The brutal murder of Emer O'Loughlin in a mobile home in Galway
- Episode 108 - How the Prison Services are controlling Ireland's most notorious criminals
- Episode 107: How Spanish cops failed to take down the Kinahan's reign in Spain
- Episode 106: The gangland fall-out from the EncroChat phone hack
- Episode 105: What has changed for the Kinahan Cartel since the U.S. sanctions?
- Andrea Radrizzani looks forward with Jesse Marsch after Leeds retain PL status
- Oleksandr Zinchenko gives heartfelt thanks for support
- Pep Guardiola hails Man City achievement and credits title rivals Liverpool
- Conor Lehane the star of the show as Cork hammer Tipp to lay down Championship marker
- 800 take part in race in memory of Ashling Murphy in Tullamore