crime world Episode 92: The Russian Oligarchs who have bought up the streets of London
We take a deep dive into the world of the faceless billionaires and we look at their dirty money and what they are doing with it.
I’m in Knightsbridge outside the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, the epitome of London style and wealth, but I’m not here for oysters and champagne.
Instead, I’m on a mission to walk the streets and the neighbourhoods of Belgravia and Chelsea, where the Russian Oligarchs with links to the Kremlin have snapped up a staggering £1.5 billion in property.
Steven Millar is our guide - a lawyer by day, he has written a series of books about London’s Hidden Walks - and today he is taking Crime World listeners on the ultimate property porn tour.
In a special episode, we take a deep dive into the world of the Oligarchs and we look at their dirty money and what they are doing with it.
- Crime World Long Read: Thomas 'Bomber' Kavanagh - from low-level dealer to Ireland's most-feared mob boss (Part 1)
- Episode 109 - The brutal murder of Emer O'Loughlin in a mobile home in Galway
- Episode 108 - How the Prison Services are controlling Ireland's most notorious criminals
- Episode 107: How Spanish cops failed to take down the Kinahan's reign in Spain
- Episode 106: The gangland fall-out from the EncroChat phone hack
- Neighbour from hell jailed; New IRA state agent flees; and drug baron barred from gym
- Husband of hero teacher killed in Texas school shooting dies of heart attack
- LaLiga president continues to grumble over PSG's lavish Kylian Mbappe deal
- Everton manager Frank Lampard heaps further praise on Seamus Coleman
- Tony Considine Opinion How Roy Keane Saipan row split Ireland supporters into two tribes