crime world Episode 89: The jailing of Kinahan Cartel kingpin Thomas 'Bomber' Kavanagh
How did Gardai and their UK colleagues in the National Crime Agency (NCA) eventually catch the violent and untouchable crime boss?
His end was swift, delivered in the cold confines of a courtroom where Thomas ‘Bomber’ Kavanagh was committed to 21 years in prison for his crimes.
The mob boss who sat at the very top of the Kinahan organisation and who pumped guns and weapons into the UK and Ireland for decades is now counting the costs of his chosen career.
But how did Gardai and their UK colleagues in the National Crime Agency (NCA) eventually catch the violent and untouchable crime boss and how many others have gone down with him.
Nicola Tallant talks with Sunday World Deputy Editor Niall Donald about the fall of the bomb squad and the ramifications of his demise further up the Kinahan food chain.
- Episode 108 - How the Prison Services are controlling Ireland's most notorious criminals
- Episode 107: How Spanish cops failed to take down the Kinahan's reign in Spain
- Episode 106: The gangland fall-out from the EncroChat phone hack
- Episode 105: What has changed for the Kinahan Cartel since the U.S. sanctions?
- Episode 104: The cold case murders that have haunted Northern Ireland
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship