crime world Episode 84: Daniel Kinahan, hotel tycoon Jim Mansfield and the house CAB want
Mob boss Daniel Kinahan’s much anticipated interview due out this week has been shelved due to legal issues at the Anything Goes Podcast with James English.
While the nature of the legal problems are unknown, Kinahan has already been hit with new court proceedings after he was named in a Proceeds of Crime Case against shamed businessman Jim Mansfield Jnr.
For years Mansfield and his late father, Jim Mansfield Snr, denied rumours that they were linked to criminality but Junior is now locked up in Portlaoise prison, guilty of perverting the course of justice, and now he has been named along the biggest figure in organised crime.
Today I’m talking with Sunday World Deputy Editor Niall Donald about the court proceedings linking Ireland’s one time richest son and heir to the head of the Kinahan Organised Crime Group.
- Episode 109 - The brutal murder of Emer O'Loughlin in a mobile home in Galway
- Episode 108 - How the Prison Services are controlling Ireland's most notorious criminals
- Episode 107: How Spanish cops failed to take down the Kinahan's reign in Spain
- Episode 106: The gangland fall-out from the EncroChat phone hack
- Episode 105: What has changed for the Kinahan Cartel since the U.S. sanctions?
- Scottish drug trafficker used help of former cop to smuggle €8m worth drugs into Ireland
- Mother claims ‘I had to take matters into my own hands’ after accusing man of abusing son
- Downton Abbey's Maggie Smith and Ozark's Laura Linney spotted filming new movie in Dublin
- Hotel pays €5,000 compo for Travelling community woman over 'illogical' wedding discrimination
- Ralph Hasenhuttl: 10 years in top flight ‘massive’ but no guarantee for future