CRIMEWORLD Episode 8: Criminal gangs targeting online dating sites as millions look for love online in 2021
Online meeting sites are experiencing an all time high as singles in lockdown move to dating apps in their droves looking for love in 2021.
But as sites report a 15 per cent boost in customer profiles and more and more people swipe right, what are the risks of romance in cyberspace and what sort of criminals are lurking amongst a bevy of would be suitors?
In this week's Crime World podcast, Nicola Tallant talks to Dr Nicola Fox Hamilton, an expert in cyberpsychology. She talks about online crime and dating during the pandemic. She reveals the dangers that can be hiding behind the faces of attractive strangers and how romance fraudsters and sexploitation scams are now being run by organised criminal gangs.
Download the Sunday World app
- How FBI used IT whiz kid to bring drug boss 'El Chapo' Guzman to justice
- Episode 10: The stalking of El Chapo GuzmÃ¡n
- Nicola Tallant's Crime World podcast climbs Apple charts
- Episode 9: The murder of Jason Corbett and the fairytale that turned into a nightmare
- Episode 7: Fr Brian D'Arcy talks to Nicola Tallant about life after child sex abuse
- A closer look at Liverpoolâ€™s recent Premier League struggles
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion Even with the loss of Macauley and Mannion Dublin are still the team to beat in 2021
- Senator defends claim that families could contribute to Mother and Baby Home redress scheme
- Rapper Lil Wayne thanks Donald Trump for pardon during his final hours as president
- New speeding fines ditched over fears they could confuse motorists