crime world Episode 63: The spectacular downfall of Celtic Tiger playboy Jim Mansfield Jnr
How the former millionaire businessman fell from grace and ended up behind bars
He was the playboy prince of the Celtic Tiger era and lived it up in a luxury mansion frequented by top models and socialites.
But businessman Jim Mansfield Jnr is now doing porridge with common criminals after he was found guilty of perverting the course of justice.
Over the course of a year, a sensational trial heard evidence about a who's who of paramilitaries and organised crime groups brought in by Mansfield to help claw back the family wealth after the economic crash, and of the terrifying kidnap of a former employee now turned state witness.
While Mansfield has been found not guilty of false imprisonment, his reputation lies in ruins and from his prison cell, his once gilded life must seem a million miles away.
Nicola Tallant chats with Sunday World Deputy Editor Niall Donald about the incredible fall of Jim Mansfield Jnr.
- Crime World Long Read: Thomas 'Bomber' Kavanagh - from low-level dealer to Ireland's most-feared mob boss (Part 2)
- Crime World Long Read: Thomas 'Bomber' Kavanagh - from low-level dealer to Ireland's most-feared mob boss (Part 1)
- Episode 109 - The brutal murder of Emer O'Loughlin in a mobile home in Galway
- Episode 108 - How the Prison Services are controlling Ireland's most notorious criminals
- Episode 107: How Spanish cops failed to take down the Kinahan's reign in Spain
- Dubliner Dermot Kennedy misses home while touring but will never Facetime his mammy
- Ukranian woman fights for life after road crash involving killer Derek 'Del Boy' Hutch
- Tickets for Bruce Springsteen's three Dublin shows sell out within minutes
- Horror video shows two teens being attacked by gang of youths in Offaly housing estate
- Dear Evan Hansen announces date of final West End performance