truth or dare YouTube star JoJo Siwa denounces 'gross' board game bearing her image
JoJo Siwa, the YouTube star, singer and dancer has said she had "no idea" that "gross" and "inappropriate" questions were featured in a board game bearing her image.
It follows a parental backlash about the Nickelodeon-branded game, marketed to children aged six and over.
The "Truth or Dare" category contained questions like: "Have you ever gone outside without underwear?" and "Have you ever been arrested?".
Another one is: "Have you ever walked in on someone naked or had someone walk in on you?"
After parents began voicing their concerns about the game on social media, JoJo spoke out to assure her fans she was "really upset" about the game's content and was working to remove it from stores.
"Over the weekend, it has been brought to my attention by my fans and followers on TikTok that my name and my image have been used to promote this board game that has some really inappropriate content," JoJo said in the video.
"When I first saw this, I was really, really, really upset at how gross these questions were, and so I brought it to Nickelodeon's attention immediately and since then they have been working to get this game stopped being made and also pulled from all shelves wherever its being sold."
She went on to say that she would have "never approved or agreed to be associated with this game," if she had seen the cards beforehand.
Nickelodeon and Spin Master, which manufactured the game, released a joint statement to CNN confirming that the game is being pulled from shelves.
"We respect and value the relationship JoJo Siwa has with her fans and take the concerns raised regarding the game 'JoJo's Juice' very seriously," the statement read. "This game is no longer being manufactured and we have requested that retailers pull any remaining product from their shelves."
Download the Sunday World app
- Evidence new UK variant of Covid-19 associated with higher mortality rate, Boris Johnson warns
- Five fined for breaching Covid-19 regulations by having barbecue on snowy moors
- Man suspected of selling fake Covid-19 test certificates arrested at airport
- Police break up wedding with 400 guests as organiser faces Â£10k fine
- Relatives of plane crash victims cast flowers into Indonesia sea where Sriwijaya Air jet plunged
- Jurgen Klopp gives his most forthright interview yet on his Liverpool transfer frustrations
- Fulham facing several more weeks without injured captain Tom Cairney
- Jurgen Klopp â€˜wonâ€™t cry like a kidâ€™ about a lack of transfer business in January
- Pep Guardiola banking on Man City spirit to help cushion Kevin De Bruyne blow
- Mikel Arteta hopes Arsenal have learned lessons from having to pay players off