surprise! Tyson Fury brands Dillian Whyte an 'absolute idiot' after heavyweight clash edges closer
Should this even be a talking point? The man signed, for the biggest pay-day he's ever going to get in his life
Tyson Fury has announced that Dillian Whyte has signed his side of the contract which paves the way for a world heavyweight title clash between the British rivals.
Whyte, who has been mandatory challenger for the WBC title now held by Fury for several years, had until 6am today to put pen to paper after promoter Frank Warren won the purse bids with an offer of €36million (£30million).
The 33-year-old Londoner is entitled to just 20 per cent of the purse but has now agreed to forge ahead according to Fury, who insisted he was unsurprised at the news.
Fury said on Instagram: "Oh my God. Dillian Whyte's signed his contract for 8million dollars. What a surprise!
"An absolute idiot. Should this even be a talking point? The man signed, for the biggest pay-day he's ever going to get in his life."
Fury then added in a sarcastic American accent: "Oh my God, my head hurts from all the mind-games that Dillian Whyte's been playing on me. Oh my God. I'm so sore. I don't know whether I'm coming or going. My training camp's a mess."
- Irish man arrested in London accused of stealing high-end cars in Dublin and Kildare areas
- Former chief of Daniel Kinahan's MTK Global to be awarded top boxing honour
- Vardy complained to husband of being ‘scapegoat’ at Euro 2016, texts reveal
- Scientists say they are baffled by the spread of monkeypox virus
- 20 cases of monkeypox now confirmed in the UK
- Three men quizzed by detectives following major drug seizure in East Belfast
- Man held over violent gun raid at Irish jewellery store
- Kevin De Bruyne and Phil Foden win Premier League player of season awards
- Home of mother of murdered drug dealer James Whelan hit in early morning firebombing
- Saoirse Ronan is back in black for Cannes red carpet with boyfriend Jack Lowden