Wild Goose chase Irish bar's stolen tricolour flag is returned in time for St Patrick's Day
Earlier this week the Wild Goose bar in downtown Willoughby in Ohio posted footage of the thief making off with the flag
It appears that it was not a case of a Wild Goose chase for an Irish bar in Ohio that had issued an appeal for a tricolour that had been stolen to be returned.
Earlier this week the Wild Goose bar in downtown Willoughby in Ohio posted footage of the thief making off with the flag.
He had been caught on camera stealing it from outside the front of their premises and was warned to give it back before the cops were called.
In surveillance footage the man, wearing a dark jacket, could be seen in taking the flag and wrapping it up along the staff before fleeing with it down the street
The timestamp on the recoding showed that the theft happened at 10.21pm on March 7.
The Wild Goose posted a message on Facebook: “Dear Guy who stole our Irish Flag during St. Pats Season please bring it back before we ask the Willoughby Police Department to find you … Please and Thanks.”
However, the Willoughby Police Department were already on the case when they shared the footage from The Wild Goose’s surveillance cameras on their Facebook page.
They added: “Call the Willoughby Police Detective Bureau at 440-953-4210 and reference report #22-07368 if you recognize this suspect or have any other information on this theft."
Now, it appears the chase is over after the flag was reportedly returned, just in time for St Patrick’s Day.
“Our Irish flag has been returned!" The Wild Goose said on Facebook on Thursday night, just two days after it announced that the flag had been stolen.
"Many thanks to all who shared and helped us get it back. Our Willoughby community is wonderful and always has our back. We will happily return the favor!”
They added: “Willoughby PD said it best, we are and will continue to be #WilloughbyStrong - Happy St Patrick’s Week.”
The news was greeted with joy with one person writing under the post: “Great news! This community sticks together!”
Another wondered: “Question is was it returned on its own or with help from PD."
“Great news! Someone woke up n realized they were in deep..(alongside an emoji of some human waste).
Another added: “Great. Somebody sobered up and went “Oh S—-“. Glad it’s back.”
- Amber Heard says 2018 Washington Post article is ‘not just about Johnny’
- Wayne Rooney describes ‘traumatic’ impact of Vardy case on wife Coleen
- Leo Varadkar says gay footballer Jake Daniels is 'tackling homophobia head on'
- Wayne Rooney says he told Jamie Vardy to ask his wife to 'calm down' during Euros
- Andrew Neil: BBC licence fee will remain in place because it is ‘easy way out’
- Motorcyclist (50s) dies in Co Kerry crash after bike strikes wall
- Man (40s) arrested in Dublin as part of €660k 'romance fraud' investigation by Gardaí
- Salami product recalled from Irish shops due to salmonella concerns
- Princess Beatrice announces winner of the Oscar’s Book Prize
- Health Minister Stephen Donnelly denies paying for Twitter retweets and likes