Perilous parking Driver's narrow escape after crashing through fence and into path of train
A driver had a close call when her car plunged through a fence and almost hit a train after she mistakenly pressed the accelerator instead of the brake.
Police officers in Rockville City, Maryland, shared this photograph on Thursday of the bad parking fail that almost ended in disaster.
The driver had been trying to park her car when she accidentally hit the accelerator pedal instead of the brakes, causing her car to launch forward into a chain-link fence.
The car ploughed through the fencing, landing nose down on the train tracks as a train approached.
However, Rockville City Police explained on social media: "The Metro train was able to stop and there was no contact made between the train and vehicle."
"There will be disruption to Metro service, unsure at this time how long for the delay," they added.
The woman was thankfully uninjured, and according to police, a tow truck was dispatched to the location to help get her car out from its unusual parking spot.
Download the Sunday World app
Latest World News
- Joe Biden to block Donald Trump's plan to lift Covid-19 travel restrictions
- Woman ruled dead in 2017 fights to be declared alive
- Capitol locked down during inauguration rehearsal after homeless camp fire
- Hotels under quarantine and guests tested after Covid-19 variant outbreak in Swiss ski resort
- Russiaâ€™s â€˜incomprehensibleâ€™ arrest of Alexei Navalny sparks anger in West
- Seven of the Boys in Blue are still in the hunt for All-Ireland history
- Steve Bruce '100pc confident' he's the right man for Newcastle despite latest defeat at Arsenal
- Congress may choose from three football championship formats
- Peter Andre still battling effects of Covid-19 after being 'absolutely convinced' he hadn't caught the virus
- Pep Guardiola rules out any January transfer window signings for Manchester City