drive-through Drink-driver handed ban after ‘driving through’ McDonald’s restaurant
Taylor Steel was disqualified from driving for two years after being found to be nearly three times the legal limit.
A drink-driver has been banned from the roads after crashing into a McDonald’s restaurant, causing extensive damage.
Taylor Steel was disqualified from driving for two years after the crash at Buck Barn services on the A24 near Horsham, West Sussex, on November 24.
The 19-year-old, of Fairfield Way, Ashington, failed a breath test which showed he had 101mcg of alcohol per 100ml of breath – nearly three times the legal limit of 35mcg.
A Sussex Police spokesman said the teenager had taken the term “drive thru” restaurant “a bit too literally”.
He added: “In police interview, Steel admitted he had been drinking beer at a pub before the incident occurred, and added he didn’t know why he drove the car or where he intended to go.”
As well as the driving ban, Steel was sentenced at Crawley Magistrates’ Court to a 12-month community order requiring him to carry out 80 hours of unpaid work, and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £95 victim surcharge.
- Liz Truss once said the only Irish hit by Brexit would be 'few farmers with turnips'
- Manager at Buffalo store where gunman killed 10 in 'racist' attack says 911 'hung up on her'
- Amber Heard’s friend says she saw bruises inflicted by Depp
- Baron Cohen drops legal action over cannabis dispensary advert
- Eric Clapton cancels shows after testing positive for Covid
- Toughest part of Newcastle job is saying goodbye to my children – Eddie Howe
- Thomas Tuchel admits Chelsea ‘still in talks’ over Cesar Azpilicueta’s future
- Patrick Vieira to speak with Cheikhou Kouyate over support for Idrissa Gueye
- CAB to sell digger and car in case against crime gang brothers jailed for ATM robberies
- Aston Merrygold says friendship is ‘imperative’ in the entertainment industry