POLICE PROBE Charlie Hebdo axeman quizzed
Seven people, including a suspected assailant, have now been quizzed by French police after the attack outside the former Paris offices of satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.
A woman and a man were wounded in Friday's attack as they stepped outside for a cigarette break at the documentary production company where they worked.
Paul Moreira, the founder of the company, Premieres Lignes, said a man in the street "attacked two people who were in front of the building, didn't enter the building, and who attacked them with an axe and who left".
He told France's BFM television that the attacker fled into the subway, and the company's staff members were evacuated.
France's counter-terrorism prosecutor said earlier that authorities suspect a terrorist motive because it took place near the building where Charlie Hebdo was based until the Islamic extremist attack on its cartoonists, and when suspects are on trial in Paris.
The Charlie Hebdo attacks trial is underway at the main Paris courthouse where 14 people, including three fugitives, are accused of helping the attackers in the January 2015 assault that killed 12 and injured 11.