Two people shot dead and at least 20 injured in shooting in Florida
Two people died and an estimated 20 to 25 people were injured in a shooting outside a banquet hall in Florida, police in the US have said.
The gunfire erupted early on Sunday at the El Mula Banquet Hall in Miami-Dade County, near Hialeah, police said.
The banquet hall had been rented out for a concert.
Three people got out of an SUV and opened fire into a crowd outside with assault rifles and handguns, police director Freddy Ramirez III said. Authorities believe the shooting was targeted.
"These are cold-blooded murderers that shot indiscriminately into a crowd and we will seek justice," Ramirez said in a tweet.
Two people died at the scene, police said. As many as 25 people went to various hospitals for treatment.
No arrests were immediately announced.
"This is a despicable act of gun violence, a cowardly act," Ramirez told the Miami Herald newspaper.
"This type of gun violence has to stop. Every weekend it's the same thing," Ramirez said during an early morning news conference.
Gun violence ushered in the Memorial Day weekend in South Florida when dozens of shots were fired outside another gathering in Miami's Wynwood area.
The shooting late on Friday killed one person and injured six others.
- Opposition TDs lead callsÂ for Katherine Zappone to step down fromÂ envoy position after â€˜Golfgate styleâ€™ event
- Thousands on Twitter congratulate man with genetic disorderÂ for landing first job
- Three peopleÂ hospitalised in the US after a wall of ice collapsed on them at a Titanic Museum
- Kanturk tragedy â€˜almost beyond human comprehensionâ€™: Verdict of unlawful killing in death of Mark Oâ€™Sullivan
- GardaÃ renew appeal for witnesses for Dublin crash that killed a teenager
- Verdict of unlawful killing and suicides in deaths of Oâ€™Sullivan family in Kanturk, Co Cork
- Michael Fassbender spotted holding a baby on set of wife Alicia's new show
- Meghan Markle turns 40 after an eventful year with birth of second baby
- Virgil Van Dijk staying cautious as playing comeback steps up
- Manchester City closing in on Â£100m deal for Villaâ€™s Jack Grealish â€“ reports