Flight Risk Ryanair CEO says unvaccinated passengers shouldn't be allowed fly
CEO Eddie Wilson believes it makes “eminent sense” for everyone to get vaccinated ahead of the airline’s busiest ever summer schedule this year.
The chief of Ryanair has said that unvaccinated passengers should not be allowed to fly.
CEO Eddie Wilson believes it makes “eminent sense” for everyone to get vaccinated ahead of the airline’s busiest ever summer schedule this year, with more than 900 Ryanair flights taking place each week from Dublin to 120 destinations in the summer months.
He added that Ryanair won’t force travellers get the jab to fly on their airline, but said that Governments should be stricter on rules for unvaccinated flyers.
“The answer is for everybody to get vaccinated and boosted,” he told Newstalk.
“It's not just about holidays, it's about business, visiting friends and relatives, education - all that sort of good stuff.
“But I think generally the future should be, for air travel, have a vaccination and a booster and that protects everybody who's on the aircraft. That would just make it much easier for all the people who've gone to the trouble of being vaccinated for the maximum protection for everyone.”
Continuing, Mr Wilson said: “It seems to make sense that when we were going through this that all the restrictions - you can see the anger in places like the UK at the moment with parties and people not following the rules.
“If the vast majority of people make sacrifices to do things, whether that is to comply with regulations or to be vaccinated for the greater good, and if the people who end up in hospital are not vaccinated and that's putting pressure on the health systems, well then it makes eminent sense to say isn't it much better that everyone's gotten used to this now, in terms of having their certs, why not restrict it to that?
“Why should the minority get away with it - you know, unless they've got good reason on medical grounds?”
- PSNI finally pay up and apologise for lax investigation into brutal LVF murder of GAA man
- Coleen and Wayne Rooney miss last day of 'Wagatha Christie' trial to go on holiday
- Belfast man who shook his genitals and threatened to rip off cop's head is jailed
- Tipperary woman banned from owning dogs after letting pups 'suffer' in tiny cage
- Irish motorcycle club to ride through 26 counties in one day for charity
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship