'friend and colleague' Sir Jeffrey Donaldson expresses sadness at passing of veteran DUP councillor Junior McCrum
Mr McCrum spent 16 years as a councillor in the Banbridge area
DUP leader Sir Jeffrey Donaldson has told of his sadness after the death of a veteran party colleague.
Junior McCrum, a longstanding DUP councillor in Co Down, died on Wednesday.
Sir Jeffrey said: "I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing this evening of my friend and colleague Alderman Junior McCrum.
"Junior was a faithful and dedicated public servant for the people of Banbridge, being first elected in 2005.
"He dedicated 16 years of his life to helping his local community on Banbridge District Council and then latterly on Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council.
"He was a diligent and consistent member of the Democratic Unionist Party.
"My thoughts and prayers are with his wife Sharon and his children and wider family circle, who can taken comfort in the fact that Junior has fought a good fight and finished the course."
- Former teacher who took pics of kids from his Belfast home snarls at our reporter
- Carl Frampton and former trainer McGuigan involved in tetchy chat ahead of McCarthy bout
- Man due in court after couple's 'sex act' in back of Belfast cab
- Belfast's Windsor Park to host 13,000 fans for Uefa Super Cup clash
- Raluca Tagani (29) charged with murder of baby remanded in custody as tot's father attends vigil
- Heartbreak for boxer Aidan Walsh as he is forced to abandon his Olympic dream
- Ledley King confident Tottenham can match Harry Kaneâ€™s ambition
- Vogue Williams on how she lasted until lunchtime on her first day of a juice diet
- Springboks bite back against the Lions to set up thrilling series decider
- Ronan and Storm Keating take on dream family home project after sacking 'substandard' builders