| 12.1°C Dublin

appeal PSNI launch murder investigation after man dies from injuries sustained in stabbing last month

The man was stabbed in the Harcourt Drive area of Belfast last month

Close

The PSNI logo (Niall Carson/PA)

The PSNI logo (Niall Carson/PA)

The PSNI logo (Niall Carson/PA)

A murder investigation has been launched after a 47-year-old man died in hospital as a result of injuries he sustained in a stabbing in north Belfast last month.

Police said the incident related to a stabbing on January 7 in Harcourt Drive.

The man was taken to hospital for treatment but passed away on Sunday morning.

The PSNI said a number of arrests have been made and their investigation is ongoing.

PSNI Detective Chief Inspector John Caldwell said: “Police were called to a house in Harcourt Drive at around 6.15am on Friday 7 January following a report of a stabbing. The victim was taken to hospital for treatment but sadly succumbed to his injuries and passed away this morning, Sunday 6th February.

"A number of arrests were made in relation to this incident and our enquiries are ongoing.

“I am appealing for anyone who has any information that could assist our investigation please get in touch. If you were in the area of Harcourt Drive late on Thursday 6 January or early on Friday 7 January and saw or heard anything out of the ordinary please call 101 quoting reference number 188 07/01/22.

“A report can also be made using the online reporting form via www.psni.police.uk/makeareport.

“Alternatively, information can be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.”

Sunday World Newsletter

Sign up for the latest news and updates

This field is required This field is required

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices


Privacy