'nonsense' 'Nonsense' animal abuse charges against vegan activist Tuesday Goti withdrawn
Tuesday Goti approached the police with images she had been sent on Whatsapp, but instead of helping her, the PSNI charged her
Animal porn charges have been withdrawn against animal right's activist Tuesday Goti, we can reveal.
The 35-year-old, recently convicted of stealing chickens from a poultry farm, had been facing three counts of having extreme pornography.
But Lisburn Magistrates Court heard the charges were withdrawn after she accepted a police caution instead.
Earlier this month the highly respected animal campaigner told this paper how she was horrified at the PPS bringing the charges against her.
She said the charges only came about because she had handed her phone to cops to report a video of suspected child abuse which had been sent to her on WhatsApp.
She told us she had been planning to go "full west Belfast" on the PPS for slapping the "nonsense" charges on her.
She said she had been part of an old Army WhatsApp chat group and, knowing her background in animal rights, some members pushed the 'banter' too far and sent her shocking images to wind her up.
But she says she took the pragmatic decision to accept a police caution in case she got a judge who didn't understand her version and decided to send her to prison.
After her hearing she told the Sunday World: "It was relayed to me that I could accept a caution from him or could have written it up and done something else meaning I'd speak with probation before going up in front of the judge again. I'd have been given a fine or probation at best, placed on the register or prison at worst.
"The judge was lovely and I thought, 'Pick your battles Tuesday'. I'm not happy I have that on my record which could affect my employability in the field I am working towards but it's the best outcome possible I guess."
- Trial halted as mum accused of murder and attempted murder of sons changes plea to guilty
- HSE urged to secure vaccines as first monkeypox case confirmed in Northern Ireland
- Omagh bombing victim's dad slams delay extraditing Real IRA chief to Lithuania
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- Grieving mum wants answers after daughter (21) dies from suspected overdose in OAP's house
- Derek 'Del Boy' Hutch did u-turn after spotting cops before he crashed into Ukranian refugee
- First case of monkeypox virus has been confirmed in east of Ireland
- Roman Abramovich: Being part of Chelsea has been the honour of a lifetime
- Scorcher of a day forecast by Met Éireann as temperatures to hit 21C
- Four men and one woman quizzed after €643,000 drugs seized in Clare and Limerick