Terrifying Man shot through door in 'brutal attack' in Coleraine, Derry
A man was shot through the door of his home in Coleraine, Derry last night.
The PSNI said officers were called to a property in Churchlands Road on Tuesday evening following a shooting incident.
Detective Sergeant Wallace described it as a brutal attack with no justification.
"At about 10.30pm, it was reported that a male occupant aged in his 30s heard a knock at the front door of his house," he said.
"The man did not open the door and it was then that two shots were fired through the door and struck the man.
"He has been taken to hospital for his injuries.
"Two men were seen leaving the area and heading towards the Winston Way area following the incident.
"Enquiries are continuing to establish the circumstances surrounding this incident.
"There is no place for attacks such as this in our society."
"Anyone with information is urged to call 101 quoting reference number 1947."
The independent unionist MLA and former justice minister Claire Sugden added: "An attack of this nature is unwelcome and never justified. Local people are worried. Young families and older people live here - this affects the entire community. PSNI are continuing to investigate. Any info call police 101."
- Mountain Vets TV star Maurice King's horse wins race 48 hours after his death
- Husband of car fire victim Katrina Rainey appears in court charged with her murder
- Trial of veteran Dennis Hutchings adjourned after he's hospitalised due to ill health
- 'Protective' mum who hit daughter's ex on head and chased him with a hammer in avoids jail
- Convicted drug dealer on dissident hit list won't flee Belfast despite 'execution' threat
- Fake Halloween cobwebs pose risks to pets and wildlife, top vet warns
- Surge in number of Covid-19 patients in hospital as 1,380 new cases announced
- Hell Week's Ray Goggins reveals he 'only knew two or three of the celebrities' this year
- Jedward shock fans with Edward Grimes' saucy snaps as they celebrate 30th birthday
- Ogbonna header enough as West Ham end Everton boss Benitezâ€™s perfect home record