RIP Man dies five days after assault in Ardoyne area of Belfast
The PSNI said a 30-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder has been released.
A man has died following an assault in north Belfast, police in Northern Ireland said.
The PSNI said 31-year-old Joseph Ritch died on Wednesday, five days after he was injured in a “physical altercation” at an address in Flax Street, Ardoyne.
“Mr Ritch, having sustained a wound to his neck, was taken to hospital for treatment for his injuries, but tragically passed away,” detective inspector Ian Davis said.
We are appealing for information in relation to the death of 31-year-old Joseph Ritch, following an incident in Flax Street in north Belfast on March 18. pic.twitter.com/OdgMECPUR4— Police North Belfast (@PSNIBelfastN) March 23, 2022
“A 30-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder was later released pending further enquiries.”
Police urged anyone with information to contact them on 101, quoting reference number 478 of 18/03/22.
Information can also be provided to Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Liz Truss once said the only Irish hit by Brexit would be 'few farmers with turnips'
- Belfast man who raped woman he met on Tinder in her home handed seven-year sentence
- Four arrests made after cannabis worth over €600k seized in Northern Ireland
- Life coach Lisa McFarland says Love Island is selling a lie
- Businessman filmed waving 'handgun' at teens gets 75 hours of community service
- Toughest part of Newcastle job is saying goodbye to my children – Eddie Howe
- Thomas Tuchel admits Chelsea ‘still in talks’ over Cesar Azpilicueta’s future
- Patrick Vieira to speak with Cheikhou Kouyate over support for Idrissa Gueye
- CAB to sell digger and car in case against crime gang brothers jailed for ATM robberies
- Aston Merrygold says friendship is ‘imperative’ in the entertainment industry