witness appeal Lorry driver sustains serious facial injuries after rock thrown through windscreen
Police said the incident happened on Friday night at the Ballyboley overpass in Co Antrim.
A lorry driver has sustained serious facial injuries as he was struck in the face by a rock in Co Antrim, the PSNI said.
The incident happened on the A8 Larne Road at around 10.40pm on Friday.
Police said the rock broke through the windscreen when a wheelie bin of rocks was thrown from the Ballyboley overpass towards Larne as the lorry passed under it.
The driver, a man in his 50s, brought the lorry safely to a stop at the side of the road following the incident, despite his injuries.
He is in hospital.
Officers are appealing for anyone who noticed any suspicious activity in the area or who captured dashcam footage of the incident to contact them in Larne on 101 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Download the Sunday World app
Latest Northern Ireland
- Nora Quoirin's family still have â€˜unanswered questionsâ€™ following inquest
- Couple in their 80s 'distressed' after gang of five masked men break into home
- Belfast St Patrick's Day parade 2021 cancelled due to Covid-19
- Man says his autistic grandchild could've been killed after explosives thrown at home
- Doting dad covers his body in ink as way of 'coping with daughter's pain'
- â€˜Score goals and avoid mistakesâ€™ â€“ Jose Mourinho has solution for Spurs slip-ups
- Steve Bruce taking pragmatic approach to Newcastleâ€™s Premier League battle
- Pep Guardiola hoping to finally get better of Crystal Palace at Etihad Stadium
- Jurgen Klopp says getting â€˜exceptionalâ€™ Thiago back is like having a new signing
- Burglar 'drank himself to oblivion' on way to cemetery, court told