| 6.3°C Dublin

morning blaze Warning issued after asbestos blaze in Sligo

Close

Local residents and businesses were warned to close windows after blaze

Local residents and businesses were warned to close windows after blaze

Local residents and businesses were warned to close windows after blaze

An early morning blaze in Sligo has been described as "a full house hazard chemical incident" after asbestos was involved.

Local residents and businesses were warned to close windows and doors following the outbreak of the fire in the Larkhill area.

A Fire Service spokesperson said they were alerted to the blaze at around 4.45am.

Emergency services are still on the scene, however, a Garda spokesperson said that no injuries have been reported at this time.

Diversions are also in place and Larkhill Road is closed in both directions.

People are being urged to take extra care in the area as smoke may be affecting visibility.

It is understood that the blaze took place in a shed at a domestic premises.

Sligo County Council tweeted: ‘Larkhill Rd in #Sligo town is closed in both directions as Fire service deal with a fire. Take extra care in the area as smoke may be affecting visibility. Diversions are in place.’


Online Editors


Privacy