'Gentleman' Tributes pour in for 'genuine and loyal' Westmeath man after sudden death in Cavan
Richard Merriman (36), originally from Ankerland, Fore, Castlepollard, Co. Westmeath, passed away on Saturday.
A Westmeath man who died suddenly over the weekend is being remembered as a “true gentleman” online.
Richard Merriman (36), originally from Ankerland, Fore, Castlepollard, Co. Westmeath but living in Knocktemple, Munterconnaught, Cavan, passed away on Saturday in Cavan.
He is survived by his fiancée Jane Keogh, parents Michael and Maria, brother Robert, and sisters Lisa and Roseanna.
Richard’s funeral arrangements have yet to be announced, but tributes have been flowing in for him online since last night.
A friend wrote: “Richie was a true gentleman, hard-working, great craic to work with and to be around. Condolences Jane and the Merriman family. RIP.”
Another remembered Richard as a “genuine, loyal, honest” man who would be sorely missed.
“Taken way too young, Always such a nice guy, RIP Richard, My sincerest condolences to all of his family and friends,” another person said.
One woman said: “Jane and family, I was so sorry to hear the news this morning. He was a wonderful kind person and will be such a loss to you all and his friends. Thinking of you through this extremely difficult time.”
Another extended their condolences to the Merriman family, writing: “To Marie, Michael, and all Merriman family, our most sincere sympathies to ye all on the tragic death of Richard.
"No words will ever take the pain away from what ye are feeling now. Our thoughts and prayers are with ye all. May Richard's gentle soul have eternal peace and happiness.”
And a family friend added: “This is heart-breaking for all the family and we are so sorry to hear of Richard's untimely death.
"I remember him so well, a charming young man. Our sincerest sympathies to you all. God rest his soul.”
- Motorcyclist (50s) dies in Co Kerry crash after bike strikes wall
- Salami product recalled from Irish shops due to salmonella concerns
- Health Minister Stephen Donnelly denies paying for Twitter retweets and likes
- Outrage as scammers target Daniel O'Donnell charity concert for young cancer patient
- Leo Varadkar says gay footballer Jake Daniels is 'tackling homophobia head on'
- Jurgen Klopp likens Liverpool squad strength to having ‘Ferraris in the garage’
- Businessman filmed waving 'handgun' at teens gets 75 hours of community service
- Bogus Irish and British roofers jailed for scamming elderly in Australia out of $434k
- Liverpool take title race to the final day with comeback victory at Southampton
- Deborah James ‘gutted’ she will not see new book published