tiger town Tiger Woods coming to Ireland as 15-times Major winner confirmed to play in JP McManus Pro-Am
Tiger Woods will jet into Ireland to compete in this year’s JP McManus Pro-Am at Adare Manor in July.
Fresh from his spectacular return to the course in the Masters following a life-threatening car crash 18 months ago, Woods has now been confirmed in a star-studded field in the lush surroundings of Adare,
Woods, who has 82 PGA Tour wins and has led the Official World Golf Rankings for a record total of 683 weeks in his career, will join a world class field of players including Rory McIlroy, Collin Morikawa, Jon Rahm, Justin Thomas, Leona Maguire, Dustin Johnson, Bryson DeChambeau, Mark Wahlberg, Niall Horan and many more.
Coming off the back of an unforgettable return to competitive golf at last weekend’s Masters, this will be Woods’ fourth appearance at the fund-raising event which supports charitable organisations throughout the Mid-West of Ireland.
Tournament host, JP McManus, expressed his delight at the news: “Tiger has been a great friend and avid supporter of the Pro-Am for a very long time and we are absolutely thrilled he has committed to play once again in the tournament.
"His presence at Adare Manor will undoubtedly bring huge excitement to the thousands of spectators and we are very grateful to him for giving up his free time to be with us. We’d also like to sincerely thank all our players, the DP World Tour, volunteers, and ticket cap holders for their continued support of the event as we endeavour to raise vital funds for charities in the region.”
- Motorcyclist (50s) dies in Co Kerry crash after bike strikes wall
- Salami product recalled from Irish shops due to salmonella concerns
- Health Minister Stephen Donnelly denies paying for Twitter retweets and likes
- Outrage as scammers target Daniel O'Donnell charity concert for young cancer patient
- Leo Varadkar says gay footballer Jake Daniels is 'tackling homophobia head on'
- Monet’s Le Grand Canal et Santa Maria della Salute sells for record £45 million
- James Milner issues warning as Liverpool's Premier League title challenge goes to final day
- Jurgen Klopp likens Liverpool squad strength to having ‘Ferraris in the garage’
- Businessman filmed waving 'handgun' at teens gets 75 hours of community service
- Bogus Irish and British roofers jailed for scamming elderly in Australia out of $434k