theft Three vehicles stolen after gang raid commercial garage in Co Donegal
One of the vehicle was later found crashed over the border
A gang broke into a garage and stole three cars in a raid in Co Donegal overnight.
The gang broke into the commercial garage at Ballyraine in Letterkenny between 8pm last night and 2am this morning.
The gang managed to break past steel doors to get access to the cars which are valued at thousands of euro.
Three cars were stolen including a silver Volkswagen Passat, a red Toyota Yaris and a blue Ford Fiesta.
The Ford Fiesta has since been found crashed across the border.
However, the other cars have not yet been recovered.
As well as the cars, the gang also stole a number of sets of car keys.
Gardai have said that at least three people must have been involved in the raid to steal the three cars.
Garda Grainne Doherty appealed for anybody who was in the area at the time of the theft to come forward.
"We would appeal to anybody who was in the area and may have dashcam footage to contact Gardai in Letterkenny on 0749167100.
"There was obviously at least three people involved in this robbery and people may have seen something they might not think is of relevance but could be vital," she said.
- 800 take part in race in memory of Ashling Murphy in Tullamore
- Relative of criminal 'Mr Flashy’ targeted in second weekend firebomb attack in Finglas
- Irish MEPs blocked from diplomatic mission to Palestine after Israel stops chairperson entering
- Two men (20s) charged in connection with burglary at Dublin industrial park
- Lotto players urged to check tickets as Carlow customer scoops €94,772
- 5 things we learned from Sunday’s Premier League action
- Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger welcome second daughter
- My players are legends, says Pep Guardiola after Manchester City’s title success
- Andrea Radrizzani looks forward with Jesse Marsch after Leeds retain PL status
- Oleksandr Zinchenko gives heartfelt thanks for support