snack alarm Tesco recalls digestive biscuits over ‘small metal pieces’ concerns
The biscuits being recalled are 160g packs of Tesco ‘Free From’ Digestive Biscuits with a best before date of March 2023
Tesco has recalled their own brand 'Free From' digestive biscuits due to the possible presence of “small metal pieces.”
The biscuits being recalled are 160g packs of Tesco ‘Free From’ Digestive Biscuits with a best before date of March 2023.
Point of sale recall notices will be displayed in Tesco stores.
A spokesperson for the Food Safety Authority said: “Tesco is recalling the above batch of Tesco Free From Digestive Biscuits due to the possible presence of small metal pieces.
“Point-of-sale recall notices will be displayed in Tesco stores.”
It comes just after the HSE and HPSC recently urged people to check and ensure they do not have any Kinder Egg products at home.
On Friday, April 8, the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) issued an extended food alert concerning the recall of certain Kinder products, and advising that these products should not be consumed.
This latest alert from the FSAI involves the recall of certain Kinder products irrespective of best by date.
These products have been associated with an extensive outbreak of salmonellosis, primarily affecting children.
The HSE, HPSC and FSAI have been working closely with UK authorities to investigate an outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium.
Products recalled as part of the recall are all size packs of Schokobons, 20g and 100g Kinder Surprise and 20g Kinder Surprise three packs, Mini Eggs 75g, Kinder Egg Hunt Kit 150g.
- 800 take part in race in memory of Ashling Murphy in Tullamore
- Relative of criminal 'Mr Flashy’ targeted in second weekend firebomb attack in Finglas
- Irish MEPs blocked from diplomatic mission to Palestine after Israel stops chairperson entering
- Two men (20s) charged in connection with burglary at Dublin industrial park
- Lotto players urged to check tickets as Carlow customer scoops €94,772
- 5 things we learned from Sunday’s Premier League action
- Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger welcome second daughter
- My players are legends, says Pep Guardiola after Manchester City’s title success
- Andrea Radrizzani looks forward with Jesse Marsch after Leeds retain PL status
- Oleksandr Zinchenko gives heartfelt thanks for support