Tragic incident Motorcyclist (30s) dies in collision just outside Wexford town
It is believed the motorbike may have collided with a wall
A motorcyclist has lost his life following a road traffic collision just outside Wexford town this afternoon.
The incident took place shortly after 2 p.m. on the R730, at Rocklands near the turn-off for the Coolballow Road.
Emergency services rushed to the scene and Paramedics created a cordon around the injured man while gardaí directed traffic past the stricken motorbike which lay on the road.
It is believed the motorbike may have collided with a wall.
Unfortunately, the man, aged in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene and the road was eventually closed to allow gardaí to carry out a full technical examination.
Gardaí have stated that the road may be closed for some hours while the examination is ongoing and have asked people to avoid the area where at all possible.
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- First case of monkeypox confirmed on the island of Ireland
- Irish man (66) loses memory after day-time sex with wife for SECOND TIME
- Dublin trainer 'in shock' as video captures 17 horses galloping up road after breaking loose
- Grieving mum wants answers after daughter (21) dies from suspected overdose in OAP's house
- UK watchdog launches probe into holiday park Pontins amid Traveller discrimination claims
- Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey charged with four sexual assaults in the UK
- Elaine Crowley admits not having kids wasn't a 'conscious decision'
- Don McLean pulls out of NRA concert following Texas school shooting
- Fine Gael Senator accused of assault says man attacked him 'like a boxer', court told