'Really tragic' Missing woman Fiona Sinnott's sister pleads for 'closure' 24 years on
The 19-year-old went out to a pub in Broadway in February 1998 and vanished shortly after midnight.
The sister of a murdered Wexford woman is appealing for information on the case 24 years later.
In February 1998, 19-year-old Fiona Sinnott went out to a pub in Broadway and vanished shortly after midnight.
No trace of the young mother was ever found.
The case was upgraded to a murder investigation in 2005 but remains unsolved.
Speaking on the 24th anniversary of her disappearance, Fiona’s sister Diane said that she has no doubt “something really tragic” happened to her.
“I feel that something really tragic happened that night, the ninth of February, because she was in a place where she walked out of the pub and she wouldn't have gotten on a bus or a train.
“The pub was in the middle of nowhere.”
Diane is appealing for anyone with information on the case to come forward so that the family can have closure.
“Even if they have any small bit of information, we would love them to come forward and say it because 24 years is a long time,” she said.
“We do believe that people in Wexford have information. It is really hard knowing that she is still out there.
“We would love closure. We want to put her to rest. Sit and think about it. If it was one of their own, would they like it?”
Diane, her mother Mary, and other loved ones will remember Fiona today at a memorial plaque near Kilmore Quay.
Decision to prosecute rapist Larry Murphy over Deirdre Jacob disappearance may come in weeks
The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has sent a garda file in relation to the murder of teenage trainee school teacher Deirdre Jacob to a specialist barrister for a "second opinion", the Herald can reveal.
- Dublin Airport queues will be ‘less than 30 minutes by early June’ but parking problems will remain all summer
- Topless drunk man is fined for calling women 'sluts' outside hotel
- Ukrainian President Zelensky puts boot into Conor McGregor for posing with Putin in photo
- Passenger allegedly tore hair from woman after attacking her on Dublin bus, court told
- Ukranian woman fights for life after road crash involving killer Derek 'Del Boy' Hutch
- Dubliner Nuala McGovern gets role broadcasting to millions as the face of BBC World Service
- Chelsea confirm agreement to sell the club to Todd Boehly
- Garda hi-viz vest seized during raid targeting drugs gang in Co Derry
- Supporter (53) fined for vile homophobic chanting towards Chelsea fans
- Man (26) died after getting Covid jab following out-of-date advice at vaccine hub