Man and woman found dead after house fire
The bodies were found in a property in Portmarnock.
A man and a woman have died in a house fire in Co Dublin.
Their bodies were found in a property at Beach Park in Portmarnock on Saturday night.
Gardai in Malahide were called to the scene at around 10.30pm after emergency services were alerted to the fire.
The pair were found after Dublin Fire Brigade extinguished the blaze and pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigating gardai have preserved the scene as they work to establish the cause.
They said the bodies will be taken to the Dublin City Mortuary where a post-mortem examination will be carried out by the state pathologist.
Witnesses are asked to contact Malahide garda station on 01-666 4600, or the garda confidential line 1800 666 111.
Latest Irish News
- More than a million euro found hidden in vehicle seized by Garda
- Irish truckers may soon need negative Covid test to enter France
- HSE issues new advice on Covid-19 vaccine for very frail elderly after a number of deaths in Norway
- Coronavirus Ireland: 13 further deaths and 2,944 new cases confirmed
- Gardai seize â‚¬117k in cash as part of probe into 'organised crime groups'
- Novak Djokovic issues lavish lists of demands as Australian Open chaos deepens
- Barcelona boss Ronaldo Koeman gives his reaction as Lionel Messi is sent off for the first time
- Pep Guardiola lauds his comeback king as Manchester City turn on the style to beat Crystal Palace
- Sir Michael Palin â€˜frustratedâ€™ at some peopleâ€™s attitudes to the environment
- Some Newcastle players still â€˜absolutely goosedâ€™ after coronavirus, says boss