Garda Appeal Male pedestrian (40s) dies in hospital following horror crash in Co Dublin
The incident took place at approximately 11pm on the R120 (Peamount Road) in Newcastle, Dublin yesterday evening
A man has died after being struck by a car in Co. Dublin on Saturday night.
The incident took place at approximately 11pm on the R120 (Peamount Road) in Newcastle, Dublin yesterday evening when a pedestrian was hit by a car.
The pedestrian, a man in his 40s, was seriously injured during the crash.
He was rushed to Tallaght University Hospital by ambulance, where he later died.
No other injuries were reported during the accident.
The R120 is currently closed and local diversions are in place.
Gardaí remain at the scene this morning as Garda Forensic Collision Investigators conduct a technical examination.
Gardaí in Clondalkin are now appealing for witnesses to come forward and any road users with video footage (including dash cam) are asked to make this available to them.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Clondalkin Garda Station 01 666 7600 or the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111.
- Claire Byrne reveals she is leaving her RTE TV show after seven years on air
- Road closed in Dublin city centre after serious injuries reported following accident
- Weekend of fun in the sun in store as temperatures to soar to 20C
- Armed raider who warned shop assistant 'he knew where he lived', jailed for three years
- Car salesman had methadone to wean himself off heroin after his wife's death, court told
- Revealed: Face of 'Deli Mob' enforcer who was hired to blind victims with acid
- Amber Heard's 'wild' claims are a 'profound cruelty' to real survivors, court hears
- Kinahan cartel criminal admits role in feud murder of Noel 'Duck Egg' Kirwan
- Senator found not guilty of assaulting man during brawl outside Louth pub
- Man (33) pleads guilty to possession of handgun used to shoot Sinead Connolly