Stab horror Irishman reportedly killed in knife attack while holidaying in Portugal
The local authorities say he died after being stabbed several times at a tourist complex in the centre of Albufeira
A man, reported to be from Northern Ireland, is understood to have been killed in a knife attack while on holiday in Portugal.
According to local reports another Northern Ireland man is expected to appear in court on Tuesday in connection with the incident.
It is thought the pair were on holiday together in the Algarve.
Portuguese police believe the victim is aged between 25 and 30-years-old.
The local authorities say he died after being stabbed several times near the Correeira Luxury Residence tourist complex in the centre of Albufeira.
Portuguese police believe the murder took place between Sunday night and the early hours of Monday morning.
The Volunteer Firefighters of Albufeira told news site, Jornal de Noticias, that they were “alerted to a case of an unconscious person” at 6.37am.
Second-in-command of the operation, Rui Fernandes, said volunteers found the individual "in cardiorespiratory arrest, with rigor mortis and incisive wounds in the chest".
Mr Fernandes said the victim was inside the apartment residence, "backed up against a wall".
The chief suspect is thought to be around 20-years-old.
Authorities have not, however, ascertained the exact nature of the two men’s relationship or the motives for the crime.
- Schoolgirl was gunned down in Texas school shooting after 'cops told her to shout for help’
- Neighbour from hell jailed; New IRA state agent flees; and drug baron barred from gym
- Funeral details announced for Tralee stabbing victim Joe Brosnan (52)
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- First case of monkeypox confirmed on the island of Ireland
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp plays down pursuit of personal glory in bid for European spoils
- Manchester United hoping new Erik ten Hag era will quell protests against Glazers
- Liverpool's Ibrahima Konate’s journey from cage football to Champions League Final
- Ciarán Whelan Opinion Denying Kildare's deadly Daniel Flynn will be key to a Dublin victory in Leinster final
- Crazy hotel prices force Kerry fans to travel up and down to Dublin on same day for final clash