Smash horror Investigations ongoing after six injured in head-on crash in Co Offaly
A technical examination is taking place today on a stretch of road in Co Offaly where six young people were injured in a head-on collision.
A man and a woman in their late teens were among those rushed to hospital following the incident on Gorteen Bridge in Killeigh on the border with Co Laois yesterday afternoon.
Their injuries are understood to be non-life threatening.
Four men in their 20s were travelling in a car when it collided with a jeep at around 3.20pm.
All four were taken to Tullamore General Hospital with serious injuries.
A garda spokesman said: "A technical examination is due to take place later today. The road remains closed with local diversions in place."
An AA Roadwatch spokesman added: "The local Clonaslee/Tullamore Rd is closed at Gorteen Bridge following a serious collision overnight. Local diversions are in place."
Download the Sunday World app
Latest Irish News
- More than a million euro found hidden in vehicle seized by Garda
- Irish truckers may soon need negative Covid test to enter France
- HSE issues new advice on Covid-19 vaccine for very frail elderly after a number of deaths in Norway
- Coronavirus Ireland: 13 further deaths and 2,944 new cases confirmed
- Gardai seize â‚¬117k in cash as part of probe into 'organised crime groups'
- Novak Djokovic issues lavish lists of demands as Australian Open chaos deepens
- Barcelona boss Ronaldo Koeman gives his reaction as Lionel Messi is sent off for the first time
- Pep Guardiola lauds his comeback king as Manchester City turn on the style to beat Crystal Palace
- Sir Michael Palin â€˜frustratedâ€™ at some peopleâ€™s attitudes to the environment
- Some Newcastle players still â€˜absolutely goosedâ€™ after coronavirus, says boss