'you p****d?' Heavyweight boxer Martin Rogan offers Tyson Fury's dad a punch up while sticking up for Carl Frampton
John Fury confronted Frampton after the Belfast boxer said he thought Jake Paul could beat John's son, Tommy
Belfast boxing heavyweight Martin Rogan has challenged world champion Tyson Fury’s dad to a punch up.
Former Commonwealth Champion and Prize Fighter winner Rogan hit out at John Fury after he confronted two weight world champion Carl Frampton.
Fury was challenged the north Belfast champion over his prediction that social media influencer and boxer Jake Paul would get the better of Tyson’s brother Tommy.
John Fury engaged in a heated argument with Carl after the former world champion said Jake Paul would beat his son Tommy.
Tommy was due to face Paul in December 2021, but pulled out of the highly anticipated bout due to a chest infection and broken rib.
Fury was irate that Frampton had backed Paul to beat Tommy in the fight which fell through late last year.
And now Rogan, who lost an Irish heavyweight title fight to Tyson in 2012 has rowed in behind Frampton.
In a social media post Rogan said it was time the "over 50s got it on" and he said once he beats John he’ll take on Tommy and then Tyson.
“You messing our Carl about, we back each other up here, I’ll fight you then Tommy and then Tyson.”
Speaking to TalkSPORT last November, Frampton said when discussing Tommy and Paul: 'To be honest, I don't really know much about them.
'I've seen Jake Paul, little highlights of him. I've seen Tommy Fury, I was actually working for BT for one of his fights as a pundit.
'I think that if you put a gun to my head, I think I fancy Jake Paul in that fight, if I'm being honest.'
Frampton's comments irritated Fury - who decided to confront the former world champions at Tyson's first press conference ahead of his fight with Dillian Whyte.
The beginning of Fury's encounter with Frampton was missed, but the cameras did catch Fury saying: 'You think Jake Paul's a boxer?'
To which Frampton replied saying: 'No, I don't think he's a boxer.'
Fury was then heard saying: 'Why do you think he can beat Tommy then? Answer the question now. You disappoint me, I looked up to you and I supported you.'
Frampton tried to diffuse the situation back stage by saying: 'I'm just trying to be honest John.'
However, that. angered Fury more. He hit back at Frampton saying: 'Honest? Honest saying a YouTuber could beat a Fury? Are you p***ed?'
The former world champion didn't take to kindly to Fury's accusation, replying: 'I'm not p***ed, I'm just trying to be honest.'
Fury then waved his hand and walked away from the conversation, saying: 'I don't wanna talk to you. Get your facts right or get off the job.'
Gallery Vladimir Putin condemned by world leaders after Russian troops attack Ukraine nuclear power plant
Russian forces shelled Europe’s largest nuclear plant early Friday, sparking a fire as they pressed their attack on a crucial energy-producing Ukrainian city and gained ground in their bid to cut off the country from the sea.
- Tipperary woman banned from owning dogs after letting pups 'suffer' in tiny cage
- Irish motorcycle club to ride through 26 counties in one day for charity
- Gardaí release final man arrested in probe into alleged League of Ireland match-fixing
- Irish escort website encourages men to live out 'war fantasies' with Ukrainian refugees
- Garda Commissioner admits gardai failed to properly investigate child sex abuse case
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship