shocking death Gardai launch probe after elderly woman found dead in Donegal house fire
A man (60s) has been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.
An elderly woman has been found dead in a house fire in Co Donegal.
Gardai say that a man aged in his 60s has been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.
All circumstances surrounding the fatal fire are being investigated, gardai said.
The blaze in the Doochary area of Co Donegal, around 20km north of Glenties, was extinguished by fire crews at 4.40pm on Tuesday.
The body of the woman, who was aged in her 80s, was discovered inside the house.
Gardai said that the scene remains preserved and a technical examination is being carried out.
A spokesperson said: “The services of the Office of the State Pathologist have been requested.
“The results of the post-mortem examination will determine the course of the Garda investigation.
“A male, aged in his 60s, has been arrested in respect of an alleged offence of criminal damage.”
- Gardai seize car in Dublin after discovering tax was six years out of date
- Bonnie Ryan shares moving video of brother Elliott leading her into church on wedding day
- First case of monkeypox virus has been confirmed in east of Ireland
- Scorcher of a day forecast by Met Éireann as temperatures to hit 21C
- Dublin Airport queues will be ‘less than 30 minutes by early June’ but parking problems will remain all summer
- Jurgen Klopp with a defiant message for Liverpool fans after Champions League heartache
- Thibaut Courtois barks back at his critics after Champions League final heroics
- Liverpool's Champions League dreams are shattered in Paris by Real Madrid's record breakers
- Kerry secure 83rd Munster title with convincing 23-point win over Limerick
- 'Shocking' scenes outside stadium as Liverpool fans are tear gassed by French police