'True Gentleman' Funeral details for River Shannon accident victim Enda McCarney announced
Enda McCarney, from Scotstown in Co. Monaghan, is believed to have slipped into the River Shannon on Sunday morning.
A dad who died in a tragic accident in Carrick-on-Shannon over the weekend will be laid to rest on Thursday.
Enda McCarney, from Scotstown in Co Monaghan, is believed to have slipped into the River Shannon on Sunday morning.
The father-of-five had been reported missing by friends that afternoon and a major search took place before his body was recovered from the water a few hours later.
Enda will be reposing at his family home on Tuesday from 4pm to 8pm and again on Wednesday from 4pm to 8pm.
A funeral ceremony will take place on Thursday morning at 11am at St Mary’s Chapel, Urbleshanny, followed by a cremation in Lakelands Crematorium, Cavan.
A notice on RIP.ie reads: “The death has occurred of Enda Mc Carney, Derryledigan, Scotstown, Co. Monaghan, tragically and unexpectedly, Sunday, 13th February.
“Predeceased by his father Packie. Beloved and much loved husband of Catriona and adored father of Caolan, Finn, Eanna, Emmett and Pearce. Devoted son of Monica and cherished brother of Cathy (Paul Lavery) and Carmel (Jim Mc Connon).
“Enda will be sadly missed and remembered with love by his wife, sons, mother, sisters, Catriona's parents Bridie and Bill Quirk, sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews, extended family, Enda and Catriona's biker friends and by all who knew and loved Enda.
“May his gentle soul rest In peace.
“Enda will be resting at the family home (H18V271) today Tuesday from 4pm to 8pm and again tomorrow, Wednesday, from 4pm to 8pm, house private at all other times, please, with removal on Thursday morning at 10.15am to arrive at St Mary's Chapel, Urbleshanny, for 11am Funeral Mass, followed by Cremation in Lakelands Crematorium, Cavan.”
Tributes have been pouring in for the Monaghan man, with many fondly remembering him as a “true gentleman.”
One message of condolence read: “Deeply shocked and saddened to hear of Enda's passing. A true gentleman, full of character and a meticulous worker.
“Enda will be sorely missed by all who had the pleasure to know him. Our hearts are breaking for the McCarney family circle and our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this difficult time. May Enda rest in peace.”
Another said: “Deepest sympathy to Catriona, Caolan, Finn, Eanna, Monica, Cathy and Carmel and to the extended family.
“What a tragic loss to you all. A true gentleman. Thinking of you all at this very sad time. Rest in peace Enda.”
- Tipperary woman banned from owning dogs after letting pups 'suffer' in tiny cage
- Irish motorcycle club to ride through 26 counties in one day for charity
- Gardaí release final man arrested in probe into alleged League of Ireland match-fixing
- Irish escort website encourages men to live out 'war fantasies' with Ukrainian refugees
- Garda Commissioner admits gardai failed to properly investigate child sex abuse case
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship