| 4.9°C Dublin

sad loss Father of innocent Kinahan feud victim Trevor O'Neill dies

Vincent O’Neill, whose son Trevor was shot dead in a case of mistaken identity while on holiday in Majorca, died suddenly at his home in Dublin on Tuesday.

Close

Trevor's father Vincent

Trevor's father Vincent

Trevor's father Vincent

The father of an innocent man shot dead by the Kinahan cartel sadly died during the week.

Vincent O’Neill, whose son Trevor was shot dead in a case of mistaken identity while on holiday in Majorca, died suddenly at his home in Dublin on Tuesday.

A death notice on RIP.IE said the Crumlin man known as Vinny and Nailer will be sadly missed by Trevor’s wife “Susanne, his 3 adored grandchildren Céadaoin, Layla & Cody, cousin Brendan, nephews, nieces, sisters-in-law, brother-in-law, extended family, a wide circle of good friends and many good neighbours.”

Close

Trevor O'Neill

Trevor O'Neill

Trevor O'Neill

He was predeceased by his sons Trevor and Christian.

Dublin City Council worker Trevor was shot dead in front of his family by a hitman contracted by the Kinahan cartel on August 17, 2016.

The hitman, who gardai believe was Cabra criminal Glen Clarke, had been hired to target Jonathan Hutch who was also in Majorca at the time but shot the wrong man.

Clarke suffered a fatal gunshot wound in a car in Leixlip, Co. Kildare, in December 2016. His inquest heard he may have shot himself in the head while looking down the barrel but his family believe he was murdered. The weapon used in his death was never found.

Vincent O’Neill gave an interview to the Irish Daily Star earlier this month explaining the devastating toll his son’s death had on him.

“When I heard that news first, I got up the next morning and, I was basically talking to Trevor, I said ‘Trevor I’m going with you.’

“I was that much from taking my own life. He was too good. The man was too good.”

“I will never get over it.

“Every minute of the day I feel it. It was brutal.

“I loved him very dear. I said it to the police up here, they didn’t take one life here, they’re after taking two.

“They’re after taking me with him.”

Vincent’s death notice said due to Covid-19 restrictions a small private funeral will take place on Monday.

“Vincent's family would ask that over the coming days, everyone who knew Vincent would take some time to light a candle or say a prayer in his memory. Messages of support can be left in the online condolence book.”

Vincent's Funeral Service on Monday at 3.15pm will be available here.


Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices

Online Editors


Privacy