stranded Emergency services attend M50 collision which left car stuck in the centre of the motorway
No one was injured in the incident
Emergency services have attended a collision on the M50 which left a car stuck in the centre of the motorway.
Ambulance, fire and Gardaí responded to the scene on Saturday morning after a car struck the central median and became stuck.
The incident occurred on the Southbound lane near Junction 16.
There were no serious injuries, and all lanes have since reopened.
Taking to Twitter, Dublin Fire Brigade said: “Earlier today five units along with @M50Dublin @LoughlinstwnNAS @GardaTraffic responded to the #M50 at J16 after a car struck the central median .”
M50 also confirmed the incident, and shared a photograph of the scene.
Earlier today five units along with @M50Dublin @LoughlinstwnNAS @GardaTraffic responded to the #M50 at J16 after a car struck the central median#DidYouKnow the average duration of an incident on the M50 is 27 minutes https://t.co/qsUpm2dr8w— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) February 19, 2022
“All lanes have reopened S'bound at J16 Cherrywood following an earlier collision where a car left the road and got stuck in the central median.
“Thankfully there were no serious injuries. #m50safety.”
- 800 take part in race in memory of Ashling Murphy in Tullamore
- Relative of criminal 'Mr Flashy’ targeted in second weekend firebomb attack in Finglas
- Irish MEPs blocked from diplomatic mission to Palestine after Israel stops chairperson entering
- Two men (20s) charged in connection with burglary at Dublin industrial park
- Lotto players urged to check tickets as Carlow customer scoops €94,772
- 5 things we learned from Sunday’s Premier League action
- Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger welcome second daughter
- My players are legends, says Pep Guardiola after Manchester City’s title success
- Andrea Radrizzani looks forward with Jesse Marsch after Leeds retain PL status
- Oleksandr Zinchenko gives heartfelt thanks for support