Covid figures Eight new deaths and 499 new cases confirmed
There have been eight deaths and 499 new cases of Covid-19, the Department of Health have confirmed this evening.
The total death toll since the outbreak began to 1,940.
There are 292 people in hospital with Covid-19, while the number being treated in intensive care units has fallen by one to 37.
Of the new cases reported, 175 are in Dublin, with 72 in Cork, 29 in Limerick, 26 in Mayo and 21 in Meath. The remaining 176 cases are spread across 19 other counties.
- Former Xpose star Aisling O Loughlin says 'things are satanic' in bizarre anti-vax rant
- Jobless ex-crime boss Peter â€˜Skeetsâ€™ Neill lives it up on a five-star break in Dubai
- Court hears man threatened to kill wife after she 'ruined' his plans to marry another woman
- Top Dublin nightclub will stay closed tonight saying guidelines 'are not clear enough'
- Animal lovers applaud gardai and ISPCA after 18 dogs and three cats are rescued in Tipperary
- Interim boss Graeme Jones wants to see Newcastle performance off â€˜Richter scaleâ€™
- Sean Dyche has â€˜something specialâ€™ â€“ Ralph Hasenhuttl
- Pep Guardiola not thinking about revenge as Man City prepare for Brighton return
- Arsenal hit top form to hammer sorry Aston Villa
- Mo Salah breaks his silence on his Liverpool future as he piles pressure on the club's owners