Meltdown | 

Dublin firefighters issue warning as phone charger catches fire overnight

Dublin Fire Brigade made the appeal on social media, sharing photos of a damaged plug socket and a melted charger

Photo: Dublin Fire Brigade

Neasa CumiskeySunday World

Firefighters have issued a warning to the public to not leave their phones charging overnight after calling to a house fire in Dublin caused by charger going up in flames.

Dublin Fire Brigade made the appeal on social media, sharing photos of a damaged plug socket and a melted charger.

We need your consent to load this Social Media content. We use a number of different Social Media outlets to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity.

They said that no one inside the house was harmed in the blaze as they were alerted by their smoke alarm.

However, the property was damaged in the incident.

Dublin Fire Brigade tweeted: “Firefighters from Tallaght and Rathfarnham were called to a house fire overnight which appears to have been caused by a charger.

“The family were alerted by their smoke alarm and were unharmed. The house was smoke damaged.

“We appeal to people not to charge devices overnight.”


Today's Headlines

More Irish News

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices