road tragedy Driver (30s) killed in horror early morning single-vehicle crash in Co Cavan
The driver, a man in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene
Gardai are currently at the scene after a driver was killed in a crash in Co Cavan earlier this morning.
The single vehicle crash occurred at approximately 3:45am this morning on the L3022 at Virginia, County Cavan.
The driver, a man in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene and his body has since been removed to Navan Mortuary where a post-mortem will be conducted.
Forensic Collision Investigators are currently examining the scene and the road is closed with local diversions in place.
A garda spokesman has appealed for any witnesses to the crash to make contact with them.
He said: "Any road users who may have camera footage (including dash-cam) and were travelling on the L3022 at Virginia, County Cavan, between 3:15am and 4am are asked to make this footage available to Gardaí.
"Anyone with any information is asked to contact Bailieboro Garda Station on 042 9694570, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any Garda Station."
- Woman found not guilty of murdering her husband after night out in Wexford
- Gardaí investigate alleged sexual assault of teenage girl in Limerick
- Son of murdered INLA chief Dominic 'Mad Dog' McGlinchey goes to court over inquest documents
- Ian Paisley Jnr quips 'I need to lie down' after Michelle O’Neill says 'Northern Ireland' for first time
- Talented Laois hurler Paddy Branagan (30) dies suddenly in US
- Huge boost for Liverpool as injury update on Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk is released
- Mikel Arteta admits ‘it’s not easy’ to defend Arsenal display in Newcastle loss
- Johnny Depp fulfilling promise that Amber Heard ‘will never see his eyes again’
- Blackpool's Jake Daniels becomes first UK currently active male footballer to come out as gay
- Newcastle victory dents Arsenal’s hopes of Champions League spot