drowning accident Body of Irishman taken from the sea at popular Spanish beach
An Irish man has died in an apparent drowning accident in Spain.
The body of the 31-year-old was taken from the water at Zurriola in San Sebastian early on Friday.
Local media reported that several other people had entered the water in the early hours of the morning at the popular beach in northern Spain.
The Department of Foreign Affairs is providing consular assistance to the family of the dead man.
- Covid passes could be compulsory for hospital and nursing home visitors
- Restrictions on partners attending maternity hospital appointments to be lifted
- Wife of suspect in credit union robbery during which garda was murdered avoids jail over crash death
- 16 Irish citizens and dependents evacuated from Afghanistan, Simon Coveney confirms
- 2,029 Covid cases reported with 88 in ICU as Paul Reid warns of major pressures ahead
- Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard rumoured to be in the mix to take over at Newcastle
- Ireland rue misfortune as unlucky Louise Quinn own goal gives Sweden narrow victory
- Abuse has managers questioning their future â€“ Mikel Arteta
- Ten years on: The derby demolition that shifted Manchesterâ€™s balance of power
- Imelda May angered by UK college's 'Don't Get Spiked' message